This step by step woodworking project is about free 5×5 deer blind plans. I had several requests on building a 5×5 deer blind, so I decided to create free plans. This deer box frame is made from 2×2 lumber. Remember to take a look over PART 2 of the project so you learn how to build the roof and the door, as well as over the rest of my hunting projects. See my other DIY projects HERE.
We recommend you to invest in the best materials you could afford. Therefore, you should buy weather-resistant lumber, such as pine or cedar. Always take accurate measurements before adjusting the size of the components at the proper size. Drill pilot holes trough the components before inserting the wood screws, to prevent the wood from splitting.
Made from this plan
5×5 Deer Blind Plans
- A – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 60″ long, 5 pieces – 57″ long FLOOR FRAME
- B – 1 piece of 3/4″ plywood – 48″x60″ long, 1 piece – 12″x60″ long FLOOR
- C – 2 pieces of 2×2 lumber – 60″ long, 4 pieces – 81″ long, 2 pieces – 50″ long, 2 pieces – 29″ long, 2 pieces – 37″ long FRONT WALL
- D – 2 pieces of 2×2 lumber – 60″ long, 5 pieces – 65 1/4″ long, 2 pieces – 18 1/4″ long, 1 piece – 30 1/4″ long, 1 piece – 13 1/4″ long BACK WALL
- E – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 57″ long, 2 pieces – 65 1/4″ long, 2 pieces – 54″ long, 2 pieces – 37″ long, 2 pieces – 13 1/4″ long 2xSIDE WALL
- 28 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 6′
- 4 pieces of 2×2 lumber – 8′
- 1 pieces of 3/4″ plywood – 4’x8′
- 2 1/2″ screws, 3 1/2″ screws, 1 5/8″ screws
- 4d nails, 16d nails
- wood filler , wood glue, stain/paint
- Safety gloves, glasses
- Miter saw, jigsaw
- Chalk line, tape measure, spirit level, carpentry pencil
- Drill machinery and drill bits
- One Day
How to build a 5×5 deer blind
The first step of the project is to build the floor frame for the deer blind. Cut the joists from 2×4 lumber at the right dimensions, as shown in the diagram. Drill pilot holes through the rim joists and insert 3 1/2″ screws into the perpendicular joists.
Attach the 3/4″ plywood sheets to the floor frame of the deer blind. Align the edges flush and insert 1 5/8″ screws, every 8″ along the joists. Leave no gaps between the sheets for a professional result.
Continue the outdoor project by assembling the front wall for the deer blind. Cut the plates and the studs from 2×2 lumber, if you want to save money and to build a lightweight structure. Alternatively, you could modify the plans and go for 2×4 lumber. Drill pilot holes through the plates and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the studs. Place the studs every 24″ on center for a professional result. You can adjust the size of the openings to suit your needs.
Assembling the back wall for the deer box is similar to the previous step, except that you have to frame the door opening.
Build the side walls for the deer stand from 2×2 lumber, as well. Drill pilot holes and insert 2 1/2″ screws to lock the components together tightly. Align the edges flush and make sure the corners are square.
Fit the wall frames to the floor of the deer blind. Align the edges flush and plumb the walls with a spirit level. Drill pilot holes through the bottom plates and insert 3 1/2″ screws into the floor of the deer box. Moreover, you need to lock the adjacent walls together tightly with 2 1/2″ screws. Drill pilot holes to prevent the wood from splitting.
Make sure you check out PART 2 of the project, so you learn how to frame the lean to roof and how to attach the exterior walls to the deer shooting shelter.
I have designed this simple 5×5 deer box so you can shelter yourself during the hunting season. You can make adjustments to the size and to the shape of the shooting house to suit your needs.
Thank you for reading our project about free 5×5 deer blind plans and I recommend you to check out the rest of the projects. Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE our projects with your friends, by using the social media widgets. SUBSCRIBE to be the first that gets our latest projects.
<< Previous | Next >>