This step by step woodworking project is about wooden smokehouse plans. If you enjoy cooking, especially tasty meat, you should consider building a basic wood smokehouse. The project consists of a nice smokehouse with a beautiful design. My plans come with step by step instructions and you can easily adjust all the dimensions to suit your needs. See my other DIY projects HERE.
We recommend you to invest in the best materials you could afford. Therefore, you should buy weather-resistant lumber, such as pine or cedar. Always take accurate measurements before adjusting the size of the components at the proper size. Drill pilot holes trough the components before inserting the wood screws, to prevent the wood from splitting.
Made from this plan
Wooden Smokehouse Plans
- A – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 48″ long, 4 pieces – 45″ long FLOOR FRAME
- A – 9 pieces of 1×6 lumber – 48″ long FLOOR
- B – 2 pieces of 4×4 lumber – 48″ long SKIDS
- C – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 41″ long, 4 pieces – 80″ long, 3 pieces – 11 3/4″ long 2XSIDE WALL
- D – 1 piece of 2×4 lumber – 48″ long, 2 pieces – 10 1/4″ long, 6 pieces – 80″ long, 2 pieces – 5 1/4″ long, 2 pieces – 27 1/2″ long FRONT WALL
- D – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 48″ long, 6 pieces – 80″ long, 2 pieces – 12″ long, 1 piece – 14″ long BACK WALL
- E – 18 piece of 1×6 lumber – 84″ long WALLS
- 32 pieces of 2×4 cedar – 8′
- 23 piece of 1×6 cedar – 8′
- 1 piece of 4×4 lumber – 8′
- 2 1/2″ screws, 1 1/4″ screws
- glue, putty
- Safety gloves, glasses
- Miter saw, jigsaw
- Chalk line, tape measure, spirit level, carpentry pencil
- Drill machinery and drill bits
- One Day
Building a wooden homemade smokehouse
The first step of the smokehouse project is to build the floor frame. Cut the components from 2×4 lumber. Align the edges flush, make sure the corners are square, drill pilot holes and insert 2 1/2″ screws.
Build the skids from 4×4 lumber. Attach the skids to the floor frame. Drill pilot holes through the skids and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the joists. Leave no gaps between the components for a neat result.
Use 1×6 slats for the floor. Use 1 1/4″ screws to secure the slats to the joists. Make sure you cut out a hole in the floor for the smoke pipe. You need to adjust the size and the location of the hole in the floor to suit your needs.
Build the front wall from 2×4 lumber. Cut the components at the dimensions indicated in the diagram, drill pilot holes through the plates and insert 2 1/2″ screws to lock everything together tightly.
Build the side wall frame from 2×4 lumber. Follow the diagram to cut everything at the right dimensions and lock them together tightly.
Build the back wall from 2×4 lumber. Assemble everything with 2 1/2″ screws.
Fit the walls to the floor of the smokehouse. Align the edges flush, drill pilot holes through the bottom plates and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the floor. Lock the adjacent walls together with 2 1/2″ screws.
Attach 1×6 slats to the exterior of the smokehouse. Use 4d nails to secure the slats to the framing tightly.
If you want to build a nice wooden smokehouse on your property, you should . If you like my project, don’t forget to SHARE it on Facebook and Pinterest.
Thank you for reading our project about wooden smoke house plans and I recommend you to check out the rest of the projects. Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE our projects with your friends, by using the social media widgets. SUBSCRIBE to be the first that gets our latest projects.
<< Previous | Next >>